AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb Question. The installer was'nt very helpful. I did'nt buy Directv OTA because I have an 8' OTA. on the roof. I have a TriLNB and when I hook the the roof OTA. to the HR10-250 rf port it says it get no signal. Then I tried the OTA that came with my ATI HDtv wonder(which pulls over 20 DTV and HDTV channels on my PC) still nothing. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
the hr10-250 has two sat inputs on the back. and a single seperate ant ota input which is located on the back looking at it it would be to the top right corner. the two sat inputs are lalong the bottom about 4 inches from the lower right edge.

If possible it's best to connect the ota directly using rg6 cable to eliminate multiswitches and diplexers.

go through the guided setup and make sure your hr10-250 is setup for two tuner enabled and ota enabled and then it should be good to go once it scans and downloads all sat info and local channels.

you can also go to the setup and check signal strenght for your local ota atsc digital/hd channels.

no regular analog ntsc channels

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
If that's how you've already set it up, maybe you have a bum connection somewhere. Check all connections from the antenna to the STB.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you add the OTA after the installer leaves, you may need to do the guided setup all over again. My installer selected the Satellite only setup and OTA will not work without the system being programmed for both. I know, I had to redo mine :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky
Mine also indicates no signal, but the channels are there.
Make sure both tuners are set to a OTA channel before you look at the signal strength. This frustrated me while I was trying to re-align my antenna.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Remember, the guide will show all channels (assuming you paid for locals), but you can't watch local HD programming until you setup the receiver to receive OTA locals too. OTA locals will show as 2-1, 4-1, etc. So, basically you'll have sat and OTA versions of the same channels, but only the "-" will correctly show HD programs, in most instances.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky
Mine also indicates no signal, but the channels are there.
there were reports of signal strenght not correct and not being able to use two ota tuners at same time.

But the latest "f" version of software was supposed to fix these problems. if your hr10-250 is new it may have the "e" version. But that's ok, it should update in a day or so to the latest version if the phone line is connected. It downloads the updates through the sat just like the program guide data. but needs the phone line connected to get the OK/enable the software to update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.