AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My room is about 12' long by 11' wide x 9' tall. The back wall of the room (where the couch is) slopes inward starting at 5' at about a 25-30 degree angle towards the ceiling. Hardwood floors, plaster walls.

The couch will have to be against the back wall because of the way the doorway(s) are configured in this room.

This being the case, where would my rear surrounds be better? Ceiling or wall? If I do wall.. do I want to mount them at sitting ear level (before the slope) or in the slope (which will cause them to be angled towards the middle of the room)?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

· Registered
32,174 Posts
Not at ear level. It makes the surround channels too easy to localize, which is less than ideal.

I would either do high and point them down as much as possible or go low on stands.

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rogo.. If I go wall mount, I can do 2 feet over my head on the back wall. If I do ceiling, the speakers will be firing down about 6-10" in front of my face.

My other option would be to go with a pair of omnisats on stands at the rear corners of the couch against the wall.

· Registered
5,605 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.