AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Humey,

Your basic 75ohm bnc terminated cable from bettercables or equivalent will work just fine. No need to spend big dinero on these. That's what I use and I could not be happier.

Luca

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
SDI requires a cable with 75ohm BNC connectors. Uwe has posted that cable quality matters and that there have been issues with cheap cables.

That said, I'm also interested in what people will be using. I have been partial to
http://www.latinternational.cm cables but I was hoping that someone can recommend a Canare/Belden cable that would be appropriate with 75ohm BNCs.

Dave

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer. I didnt realize they use BNC connectors. I assumed that they would be something completely different from either RCA, BNC or S-Video. I thought they had some sort of exotic connectors. Thats how much I know

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Industry standard cable for SDI is Belden 8281, which is a solid core, twin screened co-ax. The spec using this cable should allow transmission of 200 meters plus without losses.

Over shorter runs ANY reasonable quality 75 Ohm co-ax should be fine - but avoid RCA cables and adapters, use directly crimped BNC on both ends.

Hope this helps

Richard Ansell

Snell & Wilcox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.