AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using a short throw projector (~1.3-1.6), I'm confused about seating position versus projector placement, etc. Let's say I want to throw a 6' wide picture, which is about 7' diagonal. The projector lens will need to be around 10' from the screen.

But if I also want to keep seating at 1.5X or slightly more, to minimize screen door, then I'm basically sitting directly underneath the projector.

Or if I want a slightly smaller picture, or want to sit a bit further back, then the projector is a foot or so in front of my seating position.

And if the top of my screen is about 6'6" high, then the lens needs to be at that height or lower (ceiling mounted). So I've basically got this projector mounted 2' above my head and 1' in front of me. Is this correct? Is this how you folks have these things set up?

Am I missing something here?

If anyone is experienced in projector and room arrangement, and is willing to help me, please email me ([email protected]). My room is currently unfinished (basement), and we are getting it finished in the next month. I was originally planning on getting a RPTV, but after following this forum for a month or so, I've convinced myself I'd like to go with a front projector. But the placement issues I mentioned above are bugging me, and I'd like to get it all figured out before the room is finished, so I can build mount re-inforcement, and run cables, etc, etc.

Thanks for any help!!

Richard

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.