AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to measure the temps in my whisperflow box and was wondering where the best place to measure would be. I have been told measure the intake temp. Is this a good idea or does exhaust area temp matter as well? Any thoughts?

Paul

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The intake is the best place. Make sure this temperature does not exceed the maximum rated operating temperature spec (which is specified in the appendix of our user guides).

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bob

god bless you for your response. So in the whisperflow box if I place the temp probe by the intake (the on the lens side? and it is under 95 degrees then I am ok even if the temp in the back of the box by the exhaust fan is 105 degrees.

Paul

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I would check both intakes (the one on the side and the one on the front) to make sure that there is no significant recirculation of hot air (i.e. not over 95C), and I would also check the exhaust to make sure that the airflow is high enough.

In general, it is important that the airflow into and out of the container is at least equal to that of the projector in free air, and that the exhaust is separated from the intake both inside and outside of the box. Measuring the intake temperature will give you a very good indication of the recirculation, but will not necessarily tell you if the airflow is right. If the difference between the intake and exhaust temperature is similar to the projector in free air, then you will know that the airflow is about the same.

Once you know that the airflow is right, then I would simply monitor the intake where the airflow is highest (this would be on the side by the lens of the 7200) to make sure that you don't go over 95C.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. So what i will do is whithin the whisperflow attempt tp form a channel from th eintake fan to the intake "area" and then measure both intake and exhaust temps for a while.Thanks so much for your response.

Paul

PS I still love my 7200

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.