AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you aren't using your HTs, where do you end up putting your remotes?

Are you a "leave it on the arm of the chair" kinda person?

Do you have a specific/dedicated table for it/them?

I'm toying with the idea of a dedicated table, possibly something close to the door, but don't know if I would realistically use it.

As none of the components/electronics will be in the theater room, there isn't really a spot for it right now. Usually, remotes left on chairs get picked up and played with by my 2 yr old...

-Suntan

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I use a Harmony 720 for everything, and it rests on its charging base on an end-table when not in use. I've thought about locating the cradle on the armrest of the center theater seat, but I don't want to give up the armrest. When in use, the remote usually sits in the right cup holder of the center theater seat.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I built a recessed shelf for DVD, video game, and remote storage:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I built a similar shelf for use as equipment rack. I use the top shelf for Wii games and Wiimote cradle storage, buy the Harmony stays on its cradle in close proximity to the seats and the OEM remotes are stored in the attached attic.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i remember my dad laughing when he visited me in college (about 15 years ago) when he noticed that my friends and i all had our remotes duct taped around 2x4s. usually a 2 foot piece with 2 remotes taped onto each side. never lost a remote. of course he's a engineer and appreciated the sheer utility. my mom would have been horrified....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts