AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where does the beta stand?

355 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Staind 
#1 ·
With the E* purchase announcement of Hughes where does this leave the current Beta, and any future releases?

Speculation here, TiVo forums and other sites are mixed on the final outcome but all seem to agree that any hardware changes that MIGHT occur may be at least a minimum of a year away.

If that is true I would hope MS would push to get releases out as quickly as possible in hopes of securing as many new subscribers as it can so that they can argue that this merger will hurt the consumer. Not only was MS partially financing the News Corp deal but him and Charlie are not the bestest of friends.

Is it also possible that MS may not want to spend additional money on a device that may be unsupported one day?

I find it hard to believe that the new company would do anything to risk losing paying subscribers. The only way the company can survive is to increase subscriber base to reduce unit costs. Dish providers do not have the luxury of long-term contracts with communities, piss off subscribers and you're in trouble. My local cable is already running a dish buy back offer, maybe they could start a UTV buyback offer :), not likely but a nice thought.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.