AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to set up xlobby on my comptuer, and it seems that there is a conflict with the high rez album covers i download and the low rez covers that wmp9 downloads. these low rez pictures are getting priority over the ones i download, and while the programmer of xlobby is looking in to it, i would just as soon be able to delete the low res ones to eliminate the problem.

i searched everywhere on the computer, including hidden files, etc. i remember at one point (on another computer) seeing a hidden file in each folder with a long hex-number file name, but none of those are present on the computer. this is driving me crazy! files are being displayed but they are not anywhere on the computer

any ideas?

thanks,

kevin

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know how WMP works with album art, but I know that Windows explorer and a lot of other programs use folder.jpg as the "thumbnail" or "album art"...just put the highres album covers in the directory with the album and name it folder.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
They should be in the same folder as the music - make sure to turn off "Hide Protected operating system files" in Explorer.

If you set Windows Explorer to show hidden and system files you will see all the extra files WM9 stores. There are AlbumArt*.jpg files for the different size versions it uses and also a folder.jpg file. In addition it sticks in a desktop.ini file with some additional bits like the buy URL.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Not sure, but can you right click on them and get properties? If you can see an image name, you can search for it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just found it. had to deselect 'hide protected operating system files' and then bypass the warning. why the hell would windows define album art as 'protected operating system files'. give me a break.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.