AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I should adjust brightness, contrast and color?

We can adjust a picture with AVIA or VE in the DVD, scaler and/ or projector.

We have contrast, brightens and color saturation in the three elements of the chain.( DVD, Scaler, Projector).

Usually, I was always leaving the brightness, contrast and color saturation at zero in the DVD and doing the tuning in the projector.

But now I was doing in the scaler and I left the projector every thing zero.

Where we should do it?

Is there a way we can calibrate the brightness and contrast electronically in the outputs of the DVD and Scaler and only adjust the projector by eye?

I mean, instead of using our eyes, connect maybe an oscilloscope in the component output of the DVD and Scaler and measure a signal in function of the IRE?

Equipment: Toshiba SD-9000 DVD, Rock scaler, DILA G11 (Calibrated Cliff Plavin), Linn audio system and speaker, control : Cretron.

Regards

Jose Valls

[This message has been edited by jvalls (edited 07-20-2001).]

·
Registered
735 Posts
jvalls,

My setup is like yours. I do most of tweeking in the scaler. My G11 has been calibrated so I assume that it is at a reference setting. The scaler on the hand seemed to need tweeking.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The way I see is: use the one that gives you more option for calibration and leave the others on 0's. I also allways wonder witch one would be the best or maybe combine all. I currently use a Mitsubishi X400 with a Toshiba SD9200 the Mitsb. has more option for ajustment, so I use it. Now I am about to receive my new HTPC (AVS pentinum IV Elite) and just hope I dont start the dilemma allover again!! Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.