AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard someone mention that they got Guilford Of Maine fabrics from Home Depot, do they have samples there that I can look at? What section should I go to?

Thanks

WU-

·
Registered
766 Posts
ha! Thanks, you made my day! You wouldn't believe how many blank stares I've gotten this past year from employees at Home Depot when I have inquired about certain products. It didn't matter if I was loooking for, they don't speak Home Theater.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diver,

Thats why I posted this inquiry here before I went there and have someone stare at me like I am from outer space or something..

Glimmie,

Thanks for the heads up, saved me a trip down to Home Depot and having to deal with someone that does not speak HT.

Thanks Again!

Wu-

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CptnRandy
Yep, isle 14, all the way to the end, hang a left, and out the back door.
You funny, you funny guy u!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Whew!

I thought I was missing something there!

It's scary when all the people who work at HD know you by name when you walk in the door.

Pam

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I was there this morning. It's actually pretty scary at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. I don't think they had all the lights on and they had all the staff standing in the main corridor, one to each isle. A little army in orange aprons.

I just wish they'd open more than one damn register at a time.

Randy

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With all the money that I spend at Home Depot each week (not just for HT purposes) and all the trips that I make there, I wonder if they can setup a small room for me to sleep there....

Pam, Im suprised my local Home Depot does not know me by my first name. but you know whats amazing, with all the many times that I have gone there, and have been checked out by every cashier numerous times, not one of them recognizes me, considering I remember some of their names ahaha.. Thats bad when you know the names of employees at Home Depot..

Wu-

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I visited my HD at least twice a day during the major renovation portion of my basement and Home Theater. Many of the associates knew me by face. One day, I heard my name called over the intercom, to pickup extension so-and-so. I figured my wife had called to remind me to pick up something. Turns out, there was/still is an associate there with the exact same name as me. Not a common name, like John Smith, as I only knew of those in my family with the same last name in the area. Freaky :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
I got my GOM fabric through a company in NC and for a fantastic price. If you are interested send me a PM and I'll provide the info.

Tom

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
"I just wish they'd open more than one damn register at a time."

Ah, so this isn't isolated to my local HD then? My store it's typically 2 lanes and I'm sure the two women are competing to see who can do the slowest transaction for 3 item sales. The HD up in Red Deer that my Dad goes to is awesome, people come up and aks you if you need help, they typically 4 or more tills open and they open more when there is more than 2-3 people in any given line. :O

If it wasn't an hour and a half away I'd shop there for all my stuff too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not sure if they've started doing it in other states, but in the Commerce store, they have put in a bank of the 'self-checkout' terminals.

I wish that they'd also have a 5 items or less express lane at HD. Why DO they have 14 or more register isles in the store and only 1-4 open at a time?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Also, beats me why they haven't implemented a spend/reward policy similar to the frequent flyer miles program? They could link it to the HD card to get more people to use it. For a company as big as HD, I'm sure somebody up high must have thought of it, but the cons for HD (ie. profit!!) are probably much greater than the customer reward.

Cheerz

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The Brighton MI store also put in the self checkout. I use it when I can.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have had very bad experiences with the self checkouts. THe scales tell me that the product hasn't been bagged or is incorrect or whatever.

I will try them periodically, but so far it has been infuriating.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea we are slowly getting those self checkouts here in NJ also, but it does amaze me also how they have 15+ registers and only 1 or 2 open at a time with lines stretching the lenght of the isiles.. Makes no sense, but I guess in someone elses eyes it does.. It must allow for customers to remember things that they forgot to get or to spend time looking at those last minute impulse items at the checkout counter.. Whatever the case may be its annoying :) ....

I think the HD points would be nice, but I guess all we can say is someday... Well actually if you use your american express and buy stuff you can get HD gift cards with your american express points.. so thats the closest Ive come to points from HD..

Wu-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.