AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to Home Theater on Westheimer, but have not yet found a place to preview any of the projectors on my short list. I've been reading the forum for about a month now - very fun reading! Anyway, did a search in AVS on Houston and read through the first 175 hits, no luck on where to preview/audition pj's. I guess since many pj's are business/presentation, I won't have luck checking them out at audio/video retailers. Nevertheless, I understand the golden rule about letting my own eye's help me decide whether screen door, rainbows, dithering, grey-colored blacks, etc. will be a problem for me, so I'm feeling very inclined to view before I buy. Anyway, my short list for auditioning is:

Sanyo PLC-XP21C

Mitsubishi XD200

HP XB31B

Panasonic 75u

Hitachi 5500

I know there are some Houstonians here, any hints/advice on checking out any of these pj's?

Thanks,

Treytexag

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Treytexag,

All those projectors are over or close to $5K MSRP. You might want to pose the question in the other forum as well.

However, I don't think you will get a good demo in Houston of most of those projectors.

A good idea is book a plane ticket to Infocomm in June to see all of those projectors first hand.

-Mr. Wigggles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.