AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an anamorphic nut. I won't even buy a movie unless its anamorphic (OK, I had to get Christmas vacation and It's a wonderful life :) ). This is why I can't believe this is the first I have heard about superbit. I must really be out of it. After searching on the forum it sounds like it is just simply a less compressed dvd to offer better video quality. Is this true? If so, I am going to hunt down all of them. Is there a list somewhere that shows all the current superbit titles? I have a htpc, is there any other equipment that I need to access the quality difference with these dvds?

Thanks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by msink
Will any DVD player play superbit DVDs?
They're just DVDs... Nothing special about them from a technical standpoint - the higher data rate comes from removing all the extra stuff that people think DVD owners want to see.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Luvmytivo when I hit the return key to see your Home Theatre my HDTV screen went white! Their was no more activity from my modem for 1 minute, just in case it loaded slow. Absolutely nothing else appeared, I'm on webtv with latest upgrade at 4.0 browser. I was wondering if there was anyway to see what you have labored to put together to put on for AVS members to view?:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.