AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really looking forward to this player, what the heck ever happened to this player??

Are there any other DVI/HDMI up-converting players out there that don’t cost a small fortune?? , I really need something to go with my Toshiba 42HP83P

Samsung has really blown this one big time, and in the process put the screws to every potential customer that was waiting for one.

· Registered
16,405 Posts
It has been delayed. For the same price, look out for the new Sony and Panasonic upscaling HDMI players coming out soon.

· Registered
5,532 Posts
TVA and Samsung CSR said the end of Nov...it is on the Samsung web site with manual. Hopefully it will be released soon. If it sucks I will return it and get the Denon 2910S. Tired of waiting!

· Registered
140 Posts
I had the 941 on backorder for months. Finally got tired of waiting and bought the Panasonic S97 instead. I'm very happy with this unit. My only comment on this player is "Wow." Can't find anything to complain about

· Registered
15,715 Posts
Is it true that Samsung deep sixed the 941 altogether? I keep hearing that rumor over and over again. Honestly, they just aren't a good brand in this particular marketplace at all. Very spotty track record, at best.

· Premium Member
3,215 Posts
At a recent show, when the Samsung Rep's were asked if they had fixed the 'black crush' issue on the 941, they had no response. (That in itself is the response) It's a loser even before it's released.

· Registered
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Bigelow
The 841 seems to fly back on the shelves. ;)

Paul
Agreed.

I have the 841 hooked up. After a day of comparing it to my 2 year old Samsung N501 player, I'd rather spend my money on popcorn.

· Registered
5,532 Posts
It is in the new Sound & Vision Mag...maybe they are going to release it soon?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.