AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kicking myself silly for not buying one when AVSCIENCE was offering this deal. Ugh now I'm desperate to find one around that range specifically because they can handle 96/24 or at least thats what i was told.

·
Registered
551 Posts
wait for one to show up on ebay.

but don't bother bidding on the ones that "downtownauctions" sells, his reserve is way too high...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I saw one on Audiogon for $2050 but that was sold. Ebay usually goes a lot higher than 2000

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Hank,

ill keep an eye out for one,

tommy

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hank527
I'm kicking myself silly for not buying one when AVSCIENCE was offering this deal. Ugh now I'm desperate to find one around that range specifically because they can handle 96/24 or at least thats what i was told.
It depends on what you mean by "handle".

You can input 96/24 (when you can find it) via the special expansion inputs, but it bypasses all processing other then volume. No bass management, time alignment, nor, sigh, Logic 7 et al.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Hank,

"because they can handle 96/24 or at least thats what i was told."

Not really. Like Buzz said you can get 96/24 only on the expansion inputs. For all intents and purposes that turns the MC-1 into a 96/24 DAC and a plain 2 channel pre-amp.

If you try to input 96/24 into the normal digital inputs (to get any sort of processing) it will act exactly like your DC-1.... IOW it won't accept it. You need an MC-12 for that.

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.