Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently I've posted a question regarding the lack of DD sound in ATI DVD player 7.6. I was then explained that DD output is supported in 7.6 version only for ATI AIW cards. Ok, I've installed then ATI MMC 7.5 ....the same stuff happened :(......no DD....no enable SPDIF option.....so where its my DD sound?:(

And more...I've installed WinDVD 4...selected Digital output..the player says it's outputing AC3 (DD)...but there is no DD3 sound entering my receiver. It's good to mention that I have installed on the same HTPC Windvd2000 & POwerDVD 4.0 Xp and the DD sound it's ok and working excellent...

Anyone..some advice...some tweakings....????

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really

Common guys

:(

I need the DD sound in Ati dvd player and also in Windvd 4

Nobody can help???

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
ATI introduced DD output via a soundcard's S/PDIF in MMC7.6, so with MMC7.5 its to be expected that there's no option for it. For digital output in MMC7.6, you have the option of outputing it via the ATI S/PDIF (AIW) or a soundcard's S/PDIF - I don't know that the option of outputing via the soundcard's S/PDIF is only available with an AIW version of ATI ... but maybe since this was only the first version that ATI offered the option of soundcard S/PDIF, it has worked for some while for others it has not.

I probably won't be able to help with WinDVD, but it might be a good idea to mention the soundcard/driver version you are using in case anyone else has this problem with WinDVD.

Good luck!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had problems with ATI 7.6 as well using SPDIF DD/DTS passthrough. SO my solution was to use Zoomplayer 2.6 and register the filters for raviscent for video and Powerdvd SPDIF passthrough for SBLIVE. If you have the ATI player and WinDvd - you could use ZP and register the filters in ZP to use Raviscent V4 for Video and WinDvd for SPDIF passthrough for Audio. I am not using WinDvd - but I am guessing that it will allow you to passthrough DD/DTS to you decoder. Also - my setup used the SBLIVE audio card. BTW-ZP is free to download and you can donate money if you like it - which i believe most on this board do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.