AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the Panasonic RP62 DVD progressive scan player was to come out this month. Does anyone know when exactly it will arrive in stores and which stores would be most likely to carry it at the best price? What I really want is the RP82 scheduled for later release in July, however, I was just curious about the RP62. Are they still scheduled for release or has Panasonic once again cancel the release of this new dvd player? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
chrisbui,

You might want to look at the "Next Year" topic.

I recently also found out about the upcoming Pany DVD-XP50 which seems "similar" to the RP82, but MSRP's for about $120 more - due out around August. I wonder what is going on with these two new models?

Pany is confusing me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CKNA are you joking around? How are you getting yours? Are you a distributor? What is the going price?

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
CKNA is a distributor. He seems to be a high priority one - since he gets stuff well ahead of everyone else. I can personally attest to his credibility and his fantastic after-sales service too!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
First week of June is good, I have some time off then :) Guess I'll be hitting sears or best buy (PM'd to sears of course). Either way there should be 10% off to be had at both places.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mwesson
Does someone want to tell me what the differences will be between the RP62 and the current RP56 model?
Best guess based upon features that have shown up on the new RV-32 and the similarity of the two machines/remotes: time remaining indicator, 200x scan, "quick replay" button which backs the player up 7-10 seconds when pushed (these pushes can be stacked-very cool), thinner chassis with a smaller display, plays WMA audio format, position memory for five discs (you can memorize your place on five discs and then remove them from the player) and some functions have been renamed: (setup is called "setup" and not "action", "play mode" has been changed to "position memory"), and display dimmer function. Some functions that were only on the front of unit (cinema modes, dialogue enhancer, virtual surround, etc) have been duplicated on the remote. The menu interface with little icons remains the same.

Please remember this is just an educated guess on my part. :D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I'm not certain that Windows Media Audio (WMA) support is going to show up on the RP62. That feature is slated to appear on the Panasonic XP30 & XP50 (w/DVD-A) models, which will retail for $349 and $399.

Tom B.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Here's an email I received on the upcoming Pany RP82 and XP50:

Hi there

PADVDRP82K $219.95

PADVDXP50 $349.95

expected to arrive in August

for any additional questions please contact our

Consumer Video Dept.

by Phone at 800-947-9910 Quick Dial 71,

or via Email at [email protected]

Thank you

Max

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey nekobus, where did you get your info? If it is true, i'm gonna get mine at Sears and save some bucks. Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know what all this hubbub is about. I just walked into Fry's here in silicon valley and they've got both the RP62k and RP62s for around $179.

By the way, I read in another thread that someone thought the main difference between the RP62/82 vs the XP30/50 models were that the latter were thinner with smaller form factor. Well, from what I could see, the PR62 looked like it was less than 3 inches thick, so I'm not sure how thin they could have made the XP models...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Bombadil
I'm not certain that Windows Media Audio (WMA) support is going to show up on the RP62.
According to this link , it will.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chrisbui
hey nekobus, where did you get your info? If it is true, i'm gonna get mine at Sears and save some bucks. Thanks.
I figured that since they sold the 56, they would sell the 62 and I had a salesman look it up in the computer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw the Panasonic DVD-RP62 (black) in stock at Fry's Electronics

in Sunnyvale last weekend. Price was $179 (not on sale). They

had about 5 units in stock. The front panel definitely looks much

better than the RP-56, and they seemed to have improved the

remote (although the remote still looks a little bit cheap). Of course,

this being Fry's, they did not have it connected to a decent TV with

component video out, so I could not comment on the quality of the

picture. I will probably buy one from Sears as soon as they get it

in stock since it will be almost $150 with my 15% off Sears coupon.

RP62 does not appear to be in stock at Amazon yet, if you do a

search for RP62, you get redirected to the RP56 page, which is

still priced above $200.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.