AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me where the AKB switch that is set to "TEST" is on the XG is ??

I am trying to do Guys G2 calibration and I am assuming this is a physical switch since the only AKB setting I see on the menu is "ON" and "OFF"

thanks

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
The switch he is referring to is on the system board which is the rear most board on the left side. The switch is under some wires on the upper right and has a norm and test position. You normally run in the norm position.

Terry

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Terry!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
The switch he is referring to is on the system board which is the rear most board on the left side. The switch is under some wires on the upper right and has a norm and test position. You normally run in the norm position.

Terry
Terry,

I can't find this switch! Do I need to remove some of the daughter boards?

When you say rear on the left side, is this with you facing the front or back of projector?

Is it in the same position on all XGs (this is a XG852)?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Left side when you're in front of the pj, looking at the back. You just need to take off the metal covering over the boards in the back. In fact now that I think of it, there's a hole in the metal covering, with a label showing where the AKB switch is. Look for the longest hole on the metal covering, and the AKB switch is one one end of it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfritz
Left side when you're in front of the pj, looking at the back. You just need to take off the metal covering over the boards in the back. In fact now that I think of it, there's a hole in the metal covering, with a label showing where the AKB switch is. Look for the longest hole on the metal covering, and the AKB switch is one one end of it.
Thanks Gary! I found it.

Its actually on the video out power board. I must have misunderstood Terry and was looking on for it on the system board!

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
There you go. I was thinking it was the system board without looking at one.

Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.