AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatal One  /t/1468971/where-is-the-panasonic-gt60#post_23222072

In the US there is no GT model line this year. The 2013 U.S model lines are: S, ST, VT, and ZT.

OK, thank you. I didn't realize that.

Too bad, I thought that was sort of the sweet spot in their plasma line.

I'm assuming it's not coming back.

·
Registered
20,920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbrand  /t/1468971/where-is-the-panasonic-gt60#post_23222175

OK, thank you. I didn't realize that.

Too bad, I thought that was sort of the sweet spot in their plasma line.

I'm assuming it's not coming back.

I am going to go ahead and say its safe to assume that it wont in the NA market.....If you live in the EU however, you can pick up a GT60......

·
Registered
211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te  /t/1468971/where-is-the-panasonic-gt60#post_23222264

I am going to go ahead and say its safe to assume that it wont in the NA market.....If you live in the EU however, you can pick up a GT60......

The panasonic insider over at HDJ said the TV's a the same minus the processor (ugh). The GT sold better in EU and the ST better in NA, so they just stuck with corresponding names.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not quite the same. Even the ST60 and ST60B are not the same. Check out the numbers here:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/site/en_GB/compareProductsDisplayResult/287749/Len_GB/index.html?p=TX-P50VT65B&p=TX-P50GT60B&p=TX-P50ST60B

The GT60B has the same panel as the VT65B, NeoPlasma Black 3000 with a 3000 FFD.

The ST60B and GT60B has the same Infinite Black Pro filter and same High Contrast Filter.

All 3 sets have different totals for gradients.

Yet, if you look at the ST60B, it has less options than the ST60. 1080p Direct, 1 pair of glasses vs 2, and so on, although I think this is a firmware thing and not actually because of any hardware.

Now, what I really wonder is, just how different are the panels really? Is the gradients set by the panel, or is it set by the A board? Is the FFD set by the A board, or the panel? And so on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts