AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a pretty big room and it would be nice not to have these huge monster subs in the room. This is not a dedicated theater. I was thinking under the benches by the fireplace.

·
Premium Member
14,789 Posts
24' x 30' with 9' ceilings, that's almost 6,500 cubic feet of space. That's a big room. You'll be gald you got 2 "monster" subs. You can try them under the bench seats in the back, but be sure you cross them low enough that they're not localizable behind you, (80 Hz or lower). What are your mains, as that will help determine how low to cross them over.

The other place you could try is along the lower wall in front of the double door, (closer to the front of the room). Placing them together, (co-locating them), will give you a little more output, (~3dB). Have you run the sub cables yet?

Also, is your screen acoustically transparent? Since your front speakers appear to be behind the screen, the screen should be acoustically transparent.

Good luck,

Craig

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a theater for my in-laws and we are just in the stages of roughing in everything. None of the equipment is purchased yet.

The screen will be acoustically transparent. It will come down from in the ceiling.

The projector will also be retractable, if anyone has any advice on what needs to be done for the screen and projector to be retractable from the ceiling it would be appreciated.

I have not ran the sub cabling yet, I wanted to get some opinions on where I should place the subs. I can run a couple of different sub runs so they will be there when I might need them.

Is RG-6 a "future proof" cable for the subs?

Thanks,

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.