AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about Ctc, and vertical polars?

I could just ask Zilch but I want to try and learn some of this stuff and I dont think I should burden him with every question. He does enough already.

I was learning about the E-waves and learning more about the CtC spacing and acoustical centyer improtance.

I asked Zilch where do you measure Ctc from when trying to figure out the KH bass bin and mid horn.
KH is crossed much lower, so there's more leeway.

Hard to know without measuring what the vertical polar might look like, as the midrange from the woofer is "distributed." Gotta be nulls there somewhere, tho....

Thats what Zilch said and instead of just asking him everything I figured I would ask everyone else so I can try and figure out how to measure for myself all the needed parameters I would need.

I am not building any KH bass bins any time soon I am just trying to understand the science of everything Zilch has been doing but on a different speaker.

I have a few "Klipsch-esque," plans I have aquired and in a few years I will build them but for now I am just trying to learn.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
KH? Klipschorn? That's more complicated too because of the extra 5 feet or so of path length difference between the LF and MF sections.

Root around on the Pi speakers forum, Wayne has explained the C-C spacing issue in detail.

You'll also get better speaker design answers in the DIY section rather than here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.