Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
Don't hold your breath waiting.

Most every DTV STB on the market has been delayed, from the time of it's announcement to it's actual availability.

There is a lot more to these boxes than meets common wisdom. This is obvious by the spate of problems the most recent STB's (Sony, Hughes, et al) are experiencing. Many observers thought these new 2nd generation STB's would solve the problems of the 1st & 1 1/2 gen STB's, but this has just not happened.

Only time will tell if the Zenith will be any better, I would rather wait until next year if it results in a better product. What we don't need right now is another STB with assorted flaws, we have enough of these already.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H:
What we don't need right now is another STB with assorted flaws, we have enough of these already.
Amen to that, brother.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had spoken to Zenith CS a few weeks ago, and the target date they gave me at that time was the end of July, with a retail price of $699.95. I don't know how reliable Zenith is with meeting release dates (i.e. whether they're like Criterion, one company notorious for missing release dates), so I can't say how useful this info will ultimately be. Still, there it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.