AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to delve into the realm of separates for the first time and I wanted to know where I should buy a set of balanced cables from. Also, how much should I spend? I am seeing prices all over the place so far. I usually buy cable from BlueJeans but thought I would check here first.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonkheer /forum/post/15443913

I am about to delve into the realm of separates for the first time and I wanted to know where I should buy a set of balanced cables from. Also, how much should I spend? I am seeing prices all over the place so far. I usually buy cable from BlueJeans but thought I would check here first.

Thanks in advance.

monoprice.com

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am assuming you are looking for XLR-M - XLR-F balanced cables?

Besides the above mentioned, you can also get them at any pro audio/music shop local or online.

Here are a few, some may even have a store near you:
Guitar Center
Music123
Musician's Friend
Zzounds
Sam Ash
Full Compass
Sweetwater
Cascio Interstate Music

etc.

Look under microphone cables or patch cables. They can be listed with the balanced (TRS (Tip - Ring - Sleeve - 1/4'-1/4")) patch cables at some places. They are really just short microphone cables. Just like unbalanced 1/4"-1/4" patch cables are just short instrument cables.

If you ask for balanced XLR-XLR patch cables at the store they will know what you are talking about. If you ask for short microphone cables they will know you know what you are talking about.

If you are in the 3'-5' range you should be able to get them under $20 per cable, probably $10 or less. I think the last 5' cables I got were around $10-$12 per cable from my local pro audio shop.

·
Registered
609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonkheer /forum/post/15449732

Thank you Dr!

You are welcome!

Oh I forgot to mention. Almost all pro audio / music shops will cut a deal on price if you ask. Us musicians always barter.

Typically, by price, the brands from lowest to highest will be Hosa, House Brand (if they have one), Live Wire, Pro Co, Monster, Mogami.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.