AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a DVI to HDMI cable for my Pioneer DVD player. Anyone know of an online source? Link?

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Brian,

I recommend you read the guides that Arun Gupta (hope I spelled that correctly) posts in this forum and in the RPTV forum. Based on his advice, I just ordered a DVI HDMI cable from Gefen. I also looked at BetterCables, but their web page said they were out of stock and referred me to OneCall, but Gefen had a better price.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bruce,

So Better and OneCall have the cables? Keep in mind I am looking for a DVI to HDMI cable, not a regular DVI cable.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bghead8che,

Yes, I am talking about a DVI to HDMI cable, which is the same as HDMI to DVI, which I abbreviated as DVI HDMI. The BetterCable web site said they were out of stock, and referred me to OneCall. At the OneCall site, I verified that the cable is listed, and the price, but not whether it is actually in stock. Gefen had a lower price for the same length cable, and it was in stock, so I ordered one from them.

I can't comment on other sources, but do recommend reading Arun's guide(s).

Thanks

Bruce

·
Registered
507 Posts
Orderd mine from Onecall. I've bought from them many times and they ship realatively quick...3 days fex-ex included in price.

I would have bought from Gefen but I needed a 12' cable...they only had 10' so I bought the 16.6ft from Onecall (it's a Bettercable brand too). Considering cost/ft, both Gefen and onecall are the same.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up going w/ the Gefen cable, a little cheaper and the quality looks the same as OneCall.

-Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.