AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to connect my Davis projector to my HTPC without using the Davis bufferbox thing. Where can I buy a (25') cable for doing this? I know a lot of people have bought the EVC-VGA adapter, and put it on the end of a VGA cable, but can you just get a cable with EVC on one end, and VGA on the other? I would think you would save money this way. I thought people implied you can get it from bettercables, but I called them, and they don't sell it.

Any suggestions? A few individuals were selling 19' cables, but I'm really not confident that that's long enough for me...

Thanks!

Mike

· Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did! They say they don't sell them, and don't even sell the Molex EVC-VGA adapter...

Mike

· Registered
2,069 Posts
My projector just started exhibiting some funky behavior with the evc adapter I have. If I set the refresh rate at 72hz the letters on an ascii text document are fuzzy and shimmering. I can't get them to focus even using the phase adjustment and focus adjustment.

If I run it throught the adapter box from davis, the letters get clear. I'm not sure what is causing this but I have stopped using the adapter in case it has become defective somehow.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.