AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasnt sure where to post this.... monoprice is down for the moment while they investigate a potential client info leak. what are other alternatives to monoprice, with equal quality?

thanks!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i see alot of diff cables on amazon, ebay, etc... but id rather not get a cheap cable that will fail. at least monoprice is known for quality, so im looking for something along those lines.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
If you're looking along those lines why not just look AT those lines
. I got monoprice hooked up with mine and I have no problems whatsoever. Just wait till they come back up. I'm sure they do money orders also so you can try that route.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that would be the easy thing to do.... but per my original post, monoprice is currently not accepting orders while they investigate a possible security breach

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKinNYC /forum/post/18300128

that would be the easy thing to do.... but per my original post, monoprice is currently not accepting orders while they investigate a possible security breach

I thought they were down for credit/debit cards. Didn't know they weren't taking money orders either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, looks like they froze all ordering

Quote:
The Monoprice website is unable to accept any orders (which includes order via phone, or livechat) while we correct some problems and perform maintenance.

It may take another week or two for us to have the servers completely back up and running in order for us to take orders from customers.

Truly sorry for any inconvenience it may cause you. Thanks again for your understanding and doing business with us

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy /forum/post/18300249

Monoprice.

this should be the only answer - wait for them to reopen

·
Registered
88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 /forum/post/18301415

this should be the only answer - wait for them to reopen

Believe it or not, when you factor in S&H, newegg sometimes matches or beats Monoprice, and for me newegg's shipping is almost always faster (east coast).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Heard good things about firefold.com, gonna be ordering myself over the next week since monoprice is offline.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan /forum/post/18301569

Believe it or not, when you factor in S&H, newegg sometimes matches or beats Monoprice, and for me newegg's shipping is almost always faster (east coast).

Same thing with Amazon. I'm a Prime member so I get free 2 day shipping on most items and most everything else is standard free. I've purchased several HDMI cables from Amazon and they work just as they should and the prices are right down there with Monoprice.

It's funny that AVS (not necessarily this forum) will bash anyone buying a cable from a brick & mortar and justify it with excuses like "all HDMI cables are digital. The signal either gets there or it doesn't" & "they're the best because they're cheap & work" but if someone suggests buying from someplace cheaper they're told to order from Monoprice anyway. Sponsorship aside, why would you order the more expensive cable? Is Monoprice a better quality cable? Hmmmm....

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKinNYC /forum/post/18300081

thanks. i see alot of diff cables on amazon, ebay, etc... but id rather not get a cheap cable that will fail. at least monoprice is known for quality, so im looking for something along those lines.

Many people will sell you cheap cables. Most are Chinese, Blue Jeans is the only place out there who seems to use Belden cable but you pay dearly for anything American made but at least they are trying. If you do not want to pay that price definitely look for a manufacturer who uses HDMI certified cable regardless of the company who sells it in the states.

·
Registered
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 /forum/post/18300441

I found a local blockbuster video of all places selling a 2 foot HDMI cable for 9.99

Jacob

me too. I couldn't believe when I saw them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Partsexpress.com has quality hdmi cables at great prices. I have used them in several installations and have never had any problems.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts