AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good place with reasonable prices to buy high quality mini coax cable for TV/Video, preferably in the Orange County area or Los Angeles?

I will be using it to distribute component video from a central location in my new house to the TV's.

If not, which online store would you recommend?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Mini cable will work in a typical home but don't assume it will especially on longer runs. If your set on the mini cable try and run a Cat5 with each one in case you have to ditch it and move to component baluns.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My plan is to run 5-mini coax, 4-cat5e, 1-RG6 cable to each TV location. And the funny part is I don't remember why. I researched it a few months ago and came up with those recommendations, but I have been so busy building my new house, I can't remember why they spec'd 5 mini coax to each TV. Maybe the two extra for the audio feeds?

My longest run will probably be 50' or so. will this be a problem with the mini coax?

Do you know a good source for it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.