Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm pretty much decided on the Panny wx52 (still have to work out the size with my wife). Where's the best place to buy one? I'm in central New Jersey and have many options: The Wiz, Circuit City, Best Buy, Sears, smaller independents, and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

What's the acquired wisdom of the group on who's good and who's bad to work with? Everyone seems to have a price match policy, so I'm thinking I can bring them to the point where price is not the deciding factor. Who's got a rep for dropping a lot of stuff during delivery? Who's especially good with installation? I'm assuming that the only installation I'll be getting from these guys is carrying it to the correct room, with more tuning being done after a burn-in period by an independent.

And I thought deciding on the TV would be hard!

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Circuit City and Best Buy carry the wx42, the models w/o the screen protector.

Sometimes, the salesman can make the difference. I had one who was very aggressive about matching the price, where the other salesmen there were pretty lax.

There may be differences in the extended warranty, on what they cover, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my set from a local Tweeter store here in Philly and they treated me well, from the sales staff to delivery/ setup.

Also, Sears is always good to deal with for large purchases like a RPTV

Best of luck!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sears is apparently one of the few that carries the x52's, but if you plan to get an EW, you should read the fine print. Sears has a good rep for taking care of their customers, but Mfusick has pointed out that the "no lemon" policy on their EW actually requires >3 repairs in a given 12-month period(!) unlike the EWs from Best Buy and CC, which are for the entire EW period. I haven't read Sears' EW, so I can't confirm this. I'd definitely avoid The Wiz.

IF you do want to get it from Sears, you might want to see if you can get the 3% tax by getting it from the Sears in Newport Mall near the Holland Tunnel. They told me I'd have to pay NYC tax for delivery to NYC, but not sure about central Jersey.

FWIW, I bought my Panny 53wx42 from the Best Buy in Manhattan last week and bought their 4-year EW ($300). At the time, they threw in a free leather recliner and free in-home delivery.

BTW, if you're getting the EW, you should probably be able to haggle a little on the price (or get them to throw in stuff like component cables). They'll probably treat you better too. :)

Happy shopping!

_Man_

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.