AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started looking and cannot find it at my local stores. I assume it is discontinued, but I assumed I can find one somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try ecost.com. I bought mine from there - they almost always have it available for less than $450 plus shipping and handling (the handling charge is a bit steep, but the total price is still typically less than anywhere else). Also, when I ordered mine, it was in stock and shipped immediately and I got in 2 days.

Locally, I could only find it at Tweeter (and they were charging list price for it). Best Buy and Circuit City didn't carry it.

-Ray

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The reason it is on clearance at Good Guys, is because they are no longer going to carry the Panasonic line. They will carry their phones and small items, but no larger electronics (tv, dvd, replay etc).

On a good note though, I also saw the RP-91 at my local Good Guys for $499.00 and they had a stack of them.

Mike johnson

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My last order for RP91's was placed mid-April. First I was told stock would be coming in mid-May. Then I was told late May. Today I'm told they didn't receive any and now there is no date in the computer!

Since this was a carry-over product for the 2002 model year, all I can say is that it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I've decided to keep my old player and wait until the RP82 comes out. It looks interesting.

Tim

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I have no problem getting RP91 from Panasonic US. As a matterof fact I just received two black units. They also usually have gold units in stock all the time. Maybe Panasonic US is getting most of inventory and there isn't many left for Panasonic Canada.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Looks like ecost hast them for $435 + s/h. They have rather stirct return policy and a 15% restocking fee. they seem fine, if you have no problems or issues to deal with them, but not so good, if something comes up wrong.

Are there any other etailers with a similar price and perhaps better policies?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Well, according the product manager for this item at Panasonic Canada, the player will be available for the entire model year and may even survive into the next.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Might try 6ave.com. They had it last week for 437.00 I purchased a number of other items, so I really can't say what shipping would be, but the S&H seemed very reasonable for what I purchased.

Therese

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aaron -

Thanks for the info. My local Tweeter doesn't have one. I've decided to wait for the RP-82.

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got mine refurbished from PCMALL for $419. I have also seen a bunch of them on Ebay for $399, they seem to put one up every week or so.

·
Registered
430 Posts
In case anyone didn't know PCmall & ecost are the same place. Some times, items are cheaper at pcmall because they don't have the handling fees that ecost has.

Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.