AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching all afternoon for a Coax SPDIF audio expansion bracket to 3-pin connector, for use in a Biostar TF7050, and can't find a vendor in the states. I know I could build my own, but would rather avoid going that route. Can't wait to get my new Mythbox running.

TIA, A

·
Registered
8,770 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the same problem with my asus mobo. I just made one. I used an female RCA jack and I wired it directly to the connector on the mobo. I then drilled a hole in the back of my case to mount it. It works great. Total cost $0.00.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I ended up finding pcconnection, which apparently is getting some in (the gigabyte one) this weekend. If not, then I'll dig out my soldering iron and make one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you only need coaxial S/PDIF:

Look here:
http://www.fixya.com/support/p363000...-10990/page-26

and here:

http://cgi.*********/ASUS-COMPUTER-M...QQcmdZViewItem

You'll notice the pins for the coaxial S/PDIF/ground are adjacent as on the gigabyte board. However, the empty pin is blocked on the 4-pin wire. What I did (used this on an earlier product) is VERY carefully drill out the blocked pin-hole. That way the block pin will now cover the optical co-axial and the 2 other pin will be in the proper position for the gigabyte board. You also don't inhibit the use of this bracket with a purely pin compatible board.

If you want optical, you need to make a new wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the cable you are looking for are mention here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by able421 /forum/post/12957505

I've been searching all afternoon for a Coax SPDIF audio expansion bracket to 3-pin connector, for use in a Biostar TF7050, and can't find a vendor in the states. I know I could build my own, but would rather avoid going that route. Can't wait to get my new Mythbox running.

TIA, A

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by able421 /forum/post/12957505

TIA, A

Aixin Opto-Electrical Technology Co., Ltd. professionally produces optical toslink,photo link,SPDIF , optic fiber connectors, optic fiber jacks, data link, toslink and IRM. All products have no lead, and have passed the evaluation of RoHS certification.

Our 3 major lines

1.Toslink Series (used in DVD, P-DVD, DVB, MP3, and MP4 players and Set Top Boxes), including DLT(R)1111, DLT(R)1120, DLT(R)1130, DLT(R)1150, DLT(R)1160, DLT(R)1180, DLT(R)2140 and DLT(R)2150.

2. Optical Mini Jack Series (used in Audio Equipment, Notebooks, and LCD TVs), including DLT(R)11M1, DLT(R)13M1 and DLT(R)11M3.

3. Optical and Coaxial Series (used in PC and Audio Equipment), including AVG-5, AVG-2 and TX6112 (180 degree, use for LCD TVs).

Our products are used in DVD Players, P-DVD Players, DVB Players, PC, Audio Equipment, Notebooks, Set Top Boxes, Mobile Phones, MP3 Players, MP4 players, and Games/Toys. We hope you can be our best honorable customer, and welcome you to contact us.

and you can visist our website ww.spdif.com.cn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts