AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked around for the SAT-HD100, but so far have seen it for $799. Anybody have any lower prices?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Why would you want to buy something that doesn't work?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I have not seen it cheaper than 799.00 I bought mine at the Wiz for that price.

Mine "doesn't work" very well thank you! I have had no problems with my HD100, works very well with OTA stuff and great on DTV HD stuff. I have not had any drop-outs on either. The fan noise is there but I find it acceptable, some don't.

Others have had issues with this STB concerning dropouts and lip sync problems. So beware! I think, IMHO, it will be addressed by Sony in time. Via software updates. Is it a perfect STB? NO. but from reading all the posts on this and other forums it seems the perfect STB has not arrived yet http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
779 Posts
Caveat Emptor.

If you want to buy one go for it but most of the owners of the hd-100 have significant problems. The only reason I still have this box is that both sony and outpost.com agreed to extend the refund period for an additional 30 days while Sony attempts to address the problem. You may be lucky such as Grizz was, but according to the survey I started most of us have the dropout problem and suffer from loud fan noise. If you need a HD stb now, it sounds like all of them suffer from one problem or another which is a sad state of affairs for something that costs $800.

Good luck on your decision.

Regards,

Brian

[This message has been edited by btmoore (edited 04-16-2001).]

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Doesn't work? Mine not only has the lip-sync problem and the dropout problem, but also will not display CBS even with a 95 signal and regular DSS channels are too dark. Sony gives no response.

As far as I am concerned, the SAT HD-100 is a pile of crap considerably worse than my last sony DSS reciever which was also a pile of crap. Go ahead buy one. Maybe one more complainer will move sony to do something.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would have to agree with you, the Sony HD-100 is a pile of crap. I had the Toshiba and it picked up everything OTA. I live 8 miles from the Towers. The Sony would only pick up 2 without moving the antenna. Then I had the Lip Sync problem, drop outs, you name it. I took it back to Fry's and I'm waiting now. I wished the Toshiba would have liked my Sony TV better! I would still have it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Randy,

I am confused? Both your Tosh and your Sony don't work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.