Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having my basement developed in the next two months, so I'm ready to sell my 65" Toshiba RPTV and buy a new projector. Given the great prices I've been hearing for the 10HT I'm thinking of buying one of these rather than wait for the more expensive 11HT to arrive. Can anyone reccomend a source in Canada that offers attractive pricing on this unit? I'd be comfortable buying online from the US except for concerns about any warranty issues. From what I've heard Sony Canada will not honer warranty work on a device purchased through Sony US. If anyone has more information on that topic I'd be very grateful too.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm not sure about the warranty issues, but there is an exporter of 10HT's that is frequently on Ebay selling this projector, and now is offering it for $4,250 U.S. shipped. Don't know anything about this guy, but he's made a lot of sales - you might check with one of his purchasers, if interested.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would say, go to a local high-end dealer. If you know the street price in the US you should be able to bargain them down into the neighbourhood and they'll help you set it up. Just remember they probably won't be able to match Internet pricing, they still have to make some money and provide your installation. You'll probably save something on duty and customs costs.

Either way, definitely buy in Canada. As you say, Sony Canada probably won't honour warranties on products bought from the US.

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

The best I've been able to find locally in Canada so far is about $5,500US for the Sony 10HT. But I just talked to a Sanyo dealer in town who will sell me a new Sanyo PLV-60 for just under $6,000US. It also comes with the 3 year quick repair policy warranty. I think the decision just got made for me. Sanyo Canada is obviously providing better costs to their dealers than Sony Canada.

Thanks again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.