AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for asking this question but I can't seem to find the Infocuse SP7210 for around the $1000 price like I have seen mentioned. Please point me in the right direction. Is this a good projector or should I get the HC4900 instead? Will I notice that much difference between 720p and 1080p?

·
Registered
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner /forum/post/12856025

Forgive me for asking this question but I can't seem to find the Infocuse SP7210 for around the $1000 price like I have seen mentioned. Please point me in the right direction. Is this a good projector or should I get the HC4900 instead? Will I notice that much difference between 720p and 1080p?

WE cant give you that info or we will be punished due to board rules ( trust me ).

if you google " SP-7210 special " i'm sure you can find somthing

cheers

Murph

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
There are pros and cons to both projectors. I have seen the big brother to the HC4900 (the HC5000) and was not impressed compared to the PQ of the 7210. There are many reasons why and they have been discussed before. Apart from the 1080p resolution (that is if you will notice it), the HC4900 really cannot compare to the 7210 in PQ.

Other items apart from PQ to consider are dust blobs, placement flexibility, noise, lens quality, brightness, processor, scaler, iris etc. They vary between these two units.

The way I and some others have looked at it, the few pros and the negatives the HC4900 gives you is not worth the $500 difference by any means.

Do some searching around here, read the reviews of these two PJs and come to your own conclusion would be my advice.

Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tradewinds and murph...thanks for your replies. I have read through the entire 7210 thread. Don't understand much of the settings talks (especially since I don't have the projector). Heres my situation....I think from everything I have seen the 7210 is the best for the money....I also saw the link for the bulb replacement warranty for $85...This is a no brainer (as long as mac stays in business). I know they have been around for quite some time. I currently have an IN72 with approx 400 hours on it. I bought it at Best Buy when they were cheap. I also bought the extended warranty (3 additional years and 1 bulb replacement). The warranty is transferable. Do either of you know how long you have to register the mac warranty after you purchase the projector? I don't want to miss out on this deal from w00t. I am currently deployed to Iraq for a couple more months so I won't be able to register the warranty right away. Also, what kind of price should I ask for my IN72 considering with the warranty it is better than brand new. We know how expensive the bulbs are. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
runner...it goes without saying, we all here express our gratitude for your services in Iraq.

First, with the warranty for the IN72, I still don't think you can get more than 300-400. Maybe 450. The HC1500 is around 700 and also some other 720p. You can try starting at $550 and take best offer.

For the MACK warranty, You have 90 days to purchase the bulb warranty. Then you have 30 days from purchase of the warranty to register to it. You can register the MACK warranty online.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts