AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the method/dealer of choice for a couple speakon cables? I need one cable to be about 10-12 feet long and the other 5-6 feet long. Should I just make/buy them the same length so there's no difference in signal?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
There will be no difference in signal/

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11  /t/1526607/where-to-buy-speakon-cables-ends-for-2-martysubs-to-3000dsp#post_24588549

What's the method/dealer of choice for a couple speakon cables? I need one cable to be about 10-12 feet long and the other 5-6 feet long. Should I just make/buy them the same length so there's no difference in signal?

The electrical signals travel at near the speed of light so the difference in a couple feet are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below anything that a human or any other living thing could detect so ignore that for one.

Second, it is cheaper if you just make them. Buy the ends from monoprice for $2-$3 and a roll of 12 gauge speaker wire and cut to the desired length....

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
You can make your own cables, but generally it's more economical to buy a ready made cable.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Monoprice ends don't have great reviews. I love Monoprice, but I was a little hesitant because of the reviews.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
If you make them and need a longer cable, you just cut a new piece. If they are ready made you have an issue.

Get 50ft roll of wire and ends for around $20.

That's enough to make two 25 ft cables.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11  /t/1526607/where-to-buy-speakon-cables-ends-for-2-martysubs-to-3000dsp#post_24588592

The Monoprice ends don't have great reviews. I love Monoprice, but I was a little hesitant because of the reviews.

If you are that worried, buy an extra one for $2. I have used those and the ones for $3 on ebay and they all work well.

It's not like you are going on a concert tour where they will be used and abused thousands of times!

Or get this and cut it in half.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmst3  /t/1526607/where-to-buy-speakon-cables-ends-for-2-martysubs-to-3000dsp#post_24588605

If you are that worried, buy an extra one for $2. I have used those and the ones for $3 on ebay and they all work well.

It's not like you are going on a concert tour where they will be used and abused thousands of times!

Or get this and cut it in half.
Very true. These things will probably only be connected a handful of times in their life.

Ok, order is placed. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
183 Posts
At least with Monoprice the speakon cables are ACTUALLY 12 AWG unlike Pyle and some other brands......

I wish they carried 14 AWG pro speaker cables......

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Dont skimp on speakons... Buy neutrik ... Amazing product.

Parts express has plenty

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar  /t/1526607/where-to-buy-speakon-cables-ends-for-2-martysubs-to-3000dsp#post_24589323

Dont skimp on speakons... Buy neutrik ... Amazing product.

Parts express has plenty
Too late.

I'm betting you're a "get what you pay for" kinda guy?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11  /t/1526607/where-to-buy-speakon-cables-ends-for-2-martysubs-to-3000dsp#post_24591088

Too late.

I'm betting you're a "get what you pay for" kinda guy?

I buy a lot from monoprice, their xlr are great. For speakon specifically, 4 conductor screw type connectors are particularly well made by neutrik. They are not a very high dollar item anyway...

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uopdrmark  /t/1526607/where-to-buy-speakon-cables-ends-for-2-martysubs-to-3000dsp#post_24622553

For an inuke6000dsp do I need to run 4 conductor wire or just 2 conductor?

Just two conductor wire. You can use 2-pole speakons for each channel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts