Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Does anyone here know who gets new Matrox cards in stock before the others?

I'm looking to make an online purchase in the USA.

Also, which model do your recommend - one with 128Mb or ...?

TIA.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Even the 128mb is excessive for HTPC so it should be fine.

As far as resellers go, I would suggest contacing Matrox about their authorized ones...

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Brett: there is no card yet, it was the announcement of their new GPU (graphics processing unit) I heard possibly June or July for the first cards.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm already on Matrox's mailing list for the product's release, but doubt they'll let me know before it's broadcast all over town and readily available at discounters - the only way to go for such a pricey item. :eek:

I'll have to gamble and place my wager that it's worth it. :cool:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump...

Still no news of the Parhelia?

TIA.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ben!

I had a mid July date, but these are so unreliable. With some companies such as ATI you've got to add a few months, and with others, who knows if you don't need to remove a few weeks?

After all, think of all the summer sales they'll get if they drop ship a load of 'em now! :D

I'll be using this card to output high definition signals - at least what we in Europe call high definition (ie low-def scaled through DScaler). ;)

Will there be any advantage to having it loaded with 256MB of memory or should I settle for a barebones 128Mb card? Or to rephrase that, will I see any difference for my money? DScaler is a greedy fellow (not its developers, just its high-motion deinterlacing) and a 9" CRT front projector sure eats up whatever you throw at it. :cool:

TIA.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
128mb could triple buffer 1920x1080p and still have room to load Windows 98 into it...

I think 256mb might be overkill directly, but some other features might only come on the higher-end card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.