AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More specifically, does anyone know where I can get this in Vancouver (Langley)? I've tried The Brick and Sony Style stores today and both have told me they aren't getting stock on them anymore. I know I can order online but I'm trying to find a local store to buy from as I have a bad room for HT, not sure how well it will work, and I'd like to be able to easily return it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck09 /forum/post/15467640

More specifically, does anyone know where I can get this in Vancouver (Langley)? I've tried The Brick and Sony Style stores today and both have told me they aren't getting stock on them anymore. I know I can order online but I'm trying to find a local store to buy from as I have a bad room for HT, not sure how well it will work, and I'd like to be able to easily return it.

Thanks!

Well, did you try Best buy on Cambie & 6th Avenue in Vancouver?

It's a little over 40 minutes away but at least I know Best Buy has them.

Walmart also has the CT100 as well (should), and they are located on 64th AVE & 202nd ST in your city (langley-vancouver).

No, I don't live in Canada, but I sure loved being there on my way from Alaska to Texas (driving). The stores here in Texas (Best Buy and Walmart) has the CT100 in supply all the time, maybe Vancouver will be the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been in Bestbuy a bunch recently while shopping for my new TV and didn't see them in store or on the bestbuy.ca website.

The Walmarts here aren't quite the same as down in the States, generally quite a bit smaller and don't get all the same fancy electronics. I haven't physically looked in store, but they aren't listed on walmart.ca either. I've got one close by though so I'll swing by in the next couple days to double check.

This might prove difficult

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd /forum/post/15468067

Can you order it from Walmart.com the American site and have it shipped?

Sadly no they don't ship to Canada. We can't even buy from the .com versions of Amazon and Crutchfield just to name a couple. We can buy from the .ca versions but the selection and price isn't anywhere near the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
During Boxing Week a visit to Willowbrook Sony Style, a rep told me the Langley Bypass store has/had one set up just inside the door. He said it was not a very good display for sound evaluation, but I never got over there to check it out. The wife and I where in the South Surrey SS store and inquired about the unit. The rep said it has not been very well received product locally, but does expect to see inventory, and discounted pricing on these unit in the spring. Good Luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjon /forum/post/15468498

During Boxing Week a visit to Willowbrook Sony Style, a rep told me the Langley Bypass store has/had one set up just inside the door. He said it was not a very good display for sound evaluation, but I never got over there to check it out. The wife and I where in the South Surrey SS store and inquired about the unit. The rep said it has not been very well received product locally, but does expect to see inventory, and discounted pricing on these unit in the spring. Good Luck.

Very interesting! I was in the Sony Style store in the new Grandview Corners centre in South Surrey today and the guy there told me they were out and not getting them again. I work near there so perhaps I'll have to try again to see if it was just the guy I talked to today didn't have his info right. As for the store on the bypass in Langley they told me they didn't have any and weren't sure if they were getting more, would be a couple months at best, so I took that as not coming period. Plus...who wants to wait a couple months when I've got my new TV coming next week!?!?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A quick update incase any fellow Canadians stumble across this post while looking for one of these...

I stopped by a Sony Style store again today and spoke to someone different. They don't have any in stock anywhere in the GVA and approx 175 on back order right now. I put a deposit down on a unit but they couldn't give me a delivery date, could be 2 weeks, could be 2 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I'm from Ontario & there is none to be found here and when I spoke with customer service at Sony Canada, no one could give me a straight answer if/when stock would become available.

amazon.com has stock and will take international credit cards with USA deliveries only with free shipping but their return policy on electronics is not the best....still debating on sending to relatives house in Buffalo....
walmart.com/sony.com/bestbuy.com will not take international credit card orders

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck09 /forum/post/15502128

A quick update incase any fellow Canadians stumble across this post while looking for one of these...

I stopped by a Sony Style store again today and spoke to someone different. They don't have any in stock anywhere in the GVA and approx 175 on back order right now. I put a deposit down on a unit but they couldn't give me a delivery date, could be 2 weeks, could be 2 months.

I was in the Sony Style store(South Edmonton Common location) in Edmonton today, and I was about to pre-order the HT-CT100 when I asked the salesperson if he could check every possible store for stock. Fortunately, he found one more left at a store in Calgary. The salesperson promptly called that store to confirm stock, and then charged me for the purchase. He told me the Calgary store would ship it to Edmonton within the next couple of days, and they would call when it was ready for pick-up. =D

During my search, I contacted four different Sony Style stores and they all told me that I would have to wait for Sony to send them more stock, and that there was a possibility the product was discontinued. Even one of salespersons at the Sony Style I went to mentioned that they were old. I asked them when they were released, and he said last Spring... go figure. It hasn't been quite a year, and it's already becoming an old and discontinued unit... kinda dumb is you ask me. I wonder what's going to replace it.

WG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked one up yesterday at the Sony Store in the Eaton Center in Toronto. Their sales rep called when stock arrived(only 4 units) so I placed 20% DP over the phone with my credit card then picked up the next day. They were all gone in one day. Funny thing was stock went to Eaton Center over other locations where down payments were made as I put a DP in late Dec 2008 at the Kitchener ON store and they still have no ETA on them......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to everyone to contributing to this thread. I've been trying to find CT100 in Edmonton area for a month now (both local stores and online sources) and not found anything.

Looking for this or something similar.

Would be nice to know soon if CT100 is going to come up to Can more or move on to something else.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Clipper /forum/post/15692247

Thanks to everyone to contributing to this thread. I've been trying to find CT100 in Edmonton area for a month now (both local stores and online sources) and not found anything.

Looking for this or something similar.

Would be nice to know soon if CT100 is going to come up to Can more or move on to something else.

From what everyone at Sony Style was telling me, if you do a pre-order and pay the full price, then you might get one if they get more in stock. It just depends on how many units they send to Canada, and how many ppl are ahead of you on the list.

When I called Sony Style the other day, they told me the Calgary store I was supposed to get my set from had phantom stock. To fix the problem, they made some sort of priority order with Sony, and I should be getting one in 6-8 business days.

We'll see about that though... hopefully I wasn't fed some lame line. I really want one of these units cuz of the price and performance. I may end up get a Niro sound bar otherwise.

WG

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here's an update on my Sony HT-CT100 order. I ordered them from a Sony Style store in Edmonton, and I was told there was one more left in stock at one of the Calgary locations. The Edm store called to confirm, and quickly ordered it for me. The Cgy store was supposed to ship that unit to me, and I was supposed to get them the following week, but I didn't. When I called the store on the day I was supposed to get them, I was told that the Cgy store had phantom stock and that one of their employees screwed up by not updating their sytem. The employee at the Edm store fed me that story, and then said he would make a priority order for me and I would receive it in 6-8 business days(most likely sooner).

Fast forward 7 business days... I called the Edm Sony Style store today, only to be told that I would receive my order by between mid-March to April, and not by the 6-8 business days I was told. They told me that that store was going to receive two units from Sony, and since I was put on the priority order list, I would get one of them(didn't hold my breath).

The second I was told that, I ordered the Niro 800 for under $1500($1399 + GST + free shipping) shipped. I ended up stopping by at Sony Style on my way home from work, and got a full refund. What a frikin pain in the @$$ dealing with Sony is. Sony should have shipped more stock to Canada. Apparently, you can find them easily in the US... go figure!

I can't wait to get my Niro 800 system... It might be $1000 more than I was planning to spend, but at least I'll get superior sound compared to the Sony HT-CT100.

WG

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Deerfoot Meadows Sony Style in Calgary (near IKEA) just received 7 HTCT100s at long last. I have no idea what the hold up was, but they're there and still at $399.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts