AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally going to buy a set within a week and I wanted to know where to buy the service manual? Are they pretty easy to come by? For reference I will be buying a Sony Wega HDTV.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
If its a brand new model it may take months before a service manual is available. They usually sell a CDROM now that is updated about once every 6 months with a bunch of models service manuals in PDF format on it. They cost around $50 or so.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking at the Sony KV-32HS510, I do not believe that it is a brand new model. So where do I pick up that CDROM?

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
I checked on an online parts supply place and they don't show anything for that Sony model, it must be too new so you have to wait a few months I think. It found ones for last year's models.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Why buy it when you can get it online for free? If all you want is how to adjust the service menu stuff, I'm sure we can get it for you. Heck, I have the entire service manual at home for the HS500 and XBR800 series printed out. There's only about 20 pages worht of actual useful information. I'll see if I can find the actual file....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yup, I found it. It's 26 megs, so I'd have to post it on my website if you want it. It's a huge .pdf file. Ya know, assuming it's not bad for me to share and all.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'll have to wait until later, but I copied the file so I can drop it in my webserver at home. I'll put a link to it up later. I've also gat a few printouts showing what the geometry adjustments do, that I may scan in and zip up with it as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
No problem..once you figure out how to navigate through the different 'devices' in the service mode, it becomes pretty clear.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have searced the web high and low for a service manual for my Philips and have found nothing. Do any of you know where I can get a manual for it (30PW850H)? If not, does anyone know where I could go to find out how to get into the service menu?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anyone have a PDF of a service manual for the Toshiba's? I am getting the 34HFX83 next week and want to be ready for my new arrival.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.