AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. I really hate Apple/QuickTime. All of their high quality trailers are fixed so that they cannot be saved onto your hrad drive, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Is there a website out there has HD or near HD quality Trailers for downloading? Now that I have the firewpower needed to play HD on my PC, I want to have some fun.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
wierd I was able to save the trailers to my hd, oh do you have quicktime pro, becasue that will allow you to save it to our hard drive.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have QuickTime pro. Just upgraded and was disgusted to find pretty much any large trailer I want I cannot save.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Interesting. I was able to download 1080p versions of several of the trailers at Apple's QT-HD page. They look great. Sorry you're having so much trouble.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you download the Fullscreen Harry Potter IV? I can't. It will not save. This is but one example. :( I can save small and medium sized and I can save Large sized if there is also a Fullscreen.

But I can never save Fullscreen and if there is no Fullscreen, I cannot save most Large ones. Considering I paid for this ****ing QT Pro last week, I should be able to save these ****ing trailers.

By the way, I don't want DRM on my system, so is there any other website that has some HD trailers other than the Microsoft?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Matt ddi you try right-clicking on teh trailer and say save quicktime movie.

also try and and drag the out point to the end of the trailer

in.......................................................... ..............out point

then edit-> copy

File-> new

Edit-> paste

File Save as

try that, it worked for me.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cannot right click them. It's not possible. Nothing happens. And the Potter trailer is a real b!tch. It goes full screen, with no menu options or any other way of doing anything but watching it or pausing it. If I escape out of it, it closes.

Basically, it seems Apple does not want me saving ANY large trailers. Only the sh!t low rez ones. I want my money back, because this is a complete ripoff.

By the way, the files are not in my temporary internet folder. This is a deliberate attempt to prevent us from saving the files, which makes ZERO sense.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
really its stupid for them not to allow you to save it becasue if you want to watch it again you have to waste there bandwidth.

·
Registered
35 Posts
studios are paying on a per viewing basis for some of their trailers now, so they are losing revenue if you download it.

for the same reason, some hd trailers have drm that expires after a certain point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i misstated that. APPLE is losing money if you download it but earning money if you stream it. The studios would love you to download and spread their trailers, and Apple must be pretty happy with themselves for the deal they've worked out!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the words "**** them" are in order.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
 www.movie-list.com

You pay a very small fee per month but they have tons of VOB and HDTV trailers in full quality.

I use them to play before the movie starts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.