AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've indulged into the task of buying my first hd tv. I've done lots of research , but all the information can be baffling. I want a 42" tv , and I have pretty well narrowed it down to 2 plasmas. The p42s2 or the p42G25. I liked the looks of the G25 in thx mode in the store , but the s2 in cinema mode seemed pretty close to me. I view lots of sports and will be using dish net work HD , as well as some blue ray. I'm not a game'r.

Is the G25 $250 better for the average Joe like me ?

Also where can one buy the p42G25. The 1 I looked at HHgreg was a 50". They didn't have the 42". I could order it through amazon , but would rather buy in person in case of service problems.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Buying directly from Amazon is what I did. I had a problem with my first tv there and called for an exchange. They had no problem with that and no return shipping. I used super saver shipping which is free but will take at least a week to get it. They have a great return policy. The G25 cost about $150 more for a 42-inch. And yes it is worth it imo. Better anti-reflective filter, more accurate picture on THX Mode, and better blacks. S2 has a pretty poor AR Filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts