AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over the Net, called the FCC (they won't return voicemail) and spent hours on this and while I am 90% sure Stamford is part of the NY DMA, I am trying to find proof. Something in writing.

WFSB CBS in Hartford CT is claiming they can pull all CBS-HD waivers for CT residence and that they will do so when they go live on E* this December. However, Stamford is an area where rooftop antenna bring in NY stations, not CT stations. The local TV guide has NY station listings as well.

but this hasn't stopped WFSB from telling residents in this area, "Sorry. Kiss your E* provided CBS-HD goodbye."

Help please! :confused:

· Registered
2,751 Posts
I believe RF coverage, not DMA, matters for the Dish CBS-HD waiver. In parts of the Boston DMA, people need waivers from both the Providence, RI CBS station and the Boston one.

Can you receive Hartford WFSB with a rooftop antenna?

· Registered
539 Posts
Quote:
"Sorry. Kiss your E* provided CBS-HD goodbye."
Well, I just picked up E* CBS-HD in Northport (across from Westport)because of low power on the ESB. According to George Thompson in the NYC local thread, the ESB locals will never go full power. Only when a tower is built with a new antenna (don't hold you breath).

· Registered
1,116 Posts

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. Complicated! :eek: Thanks for the responses.

It is impossible tp pick up Hartford stations in Stamford. Even with a rooftop antenna. I finally got a callback from the FCC and they confirmed Stamford is in the NY DMA and that since the NY CBS can be received OTA, while the Hartford CBS cannot, case closed.

· Registered
65 Posts
At least as far as the world of television is concerned, Fairfield County is part of New York.

Ever wonder why you don't see any news from down that way on your "local" tv stations? Because there's no Nielsen meters down there.

As far as 3, 8, and 30 are concerned, there's only 7 counties in the state, Hartford, New Haven, New London, Windham, Tolland, Litchfield, and Middlesex.

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a letter from WFSB stating that I am not part of their DMA and therefore, can have a waiver if E* gives me trouble. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.