AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried ordering one from their yahoo store, but I have not heard anything on my order in several weeks. Their listed phone number is not in service, have they gone out of business? Does any one know where I can pick one up?

Thanks,

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the exact same problem a couple of months ago. I had to contact Yahoo customer service through email. Yahoo then contacted the company on my behalf (3 times). I was told each time by Yahoo that the company would be contacting me shortly. They never did, but after a few weeks, I finally received my CyberCooler.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Using a cooler might or might not save your UTV receiver from the"2nd Tuner Failure". I have had cooling fans for all three of my UTVs. I had installed the fans after the 1st unit failed. Now 2nd unit has failed - even though it has always been kept well (fan) cooled and ventilated. By the way, be sure to get the protection plan from DTV. It is quite useful. I will have to wait for 2 weeks but they are going to send another unit at no cost.

PS: Considering how hot the units are getting, whether it makes a difference or not, I would keep the UTVs cooled - minor but possible hazzard!

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
It's kind of a strange phenomanon that some people who take no measures to protect their units have no issues while others who have UPS's, Cybercoolers and other forms of protection have tuners fail. Of course, there are others in between those two extremes, so it's unknown whether the things we do are helping or making problems worse. While I don't have any extra cooling, I do have my unit raised up for better air circulation. I also use a UPS mostly so my UTV won't miss shows during a power failure. I've never had any tuner malfunctions. I have had tuner changes when I've been working on the wiring (which is a given) or during a couple of really, really violent storms that stole my signal for a couple of minutes each time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
As someone who bought several CyberCoolers, you should be aware that (at least from my experience) the lifespan on these units is not that great. Every cooler I've bought has died within 6-8 months. They're just not meant to run 24x7x...

Charles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.