AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a sony 1292, and need a screen for that projector. I'm thinking about either a dalite model b or model c screen probably 52 x 92. Anyway, I'm not really sure where to go online to get the screen. Could anybody recommed a retailer that ships quick and has reasonable prices?

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
mklein49,

The folks that facilitate this forum (A/V Science of Rochester, NY) are very good Da-Lite dealers and can work with you to get the product you want in a timely fashion. As a matter of fact, if they choose, we would drop ship the item from our facility in Indiana to you in Illinois. That would probably on take about a day via UPS. You could easily have your screen in a week or less. The contact person at A/V Science is Jason Turk.

Thanks,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Da-Lite's a good company, but you may wish to take a look at our products too. AV Science carries our products and can assist you. Besides projection screens, we also manufacture an excellent line of projector mounts and lifts.
www.draperinc.com

Best Regards,

Bob Mathes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow!!!

How tacky!!!

I have noticed that Bob from Draper seems to be a vulture hanging around customers that are asking questions about a competitors product to try and persuade them to buy his. This is down right tacky and all the more reason, I would not buy or recommend a product from Draper. At least when Don Stewart and Blake from Da-Lite make comments it is not to try and steal a sale. Draper must really be hurting for business...

Jim S.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know, I tried e-mail to Jason and never got a response back.

Therefore I went looking to other places.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So it's not just me? I sent a PM to Jason a couple days ago about a Cinema Contour HCCV screen and I have not heard back from him as well. Was going to go somewhere else as well but have not seen any other posts from him and thought he might be away, not just ignoring me.

Jeff

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry Daniel!

Didn't mean to forget about you. Just had Jason on the brain (relative to another project) and that was the first name that came out. I will do better next time.

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Please don't drive away the manufacturers people. If they breach etiquette a bit, find a kind way to let them know.

I am glad someone from DaLite is here. But I'm also glad someone from Draper is here!

Mark

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quote:
Please don't drive away the manufacturers people....
I agree, we don't need to make personal attacks on the board... and if you feel that somebody is pushing products then let a moderator know instead of flaming them. Also, not buying a product because of a single individual who is actually active and involved in enthusiast groups like AVS is pretty silly.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Hey guys!

As Daniel said, I do get a ton of emails and PM's. I try to get back to everyone as soon as I possibly can, but on occasion some take a bit for me to get to. I do ask that you please be patient or give a call...you can get me via phone almost always. Just ask for me when the receptionist answers. Hey, I can talk faster than I can type! :)

Again, my apologies for anyone who was delayed in their response. I appreciate your patience and your coming to us!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Manufactures: Please remember you are free to answer technical questions targeting your products but please no marketing.

We of course welcome your participation just as long as the rules are followed and please dont step on each others toes. Have respect for each other;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
In Jason's defense, I think he has had some email issues of late, where for some reason he doesn't receive all messages sent to him. You should just try calling him. Jason is great to work with and so is Da-Lite. Customer service from both is top notch.

I had a problem with a High Power screen that was because of my own ordering error and my home theater layout (not any fault of Da-Lite) and they were very generous in sending me a completely different type of screen to meet my needs. They also picked up the screen that needed to be returned for refund, at their own expense. This is not trivial; shipping these things back and forth is expensive.

I came away very impressed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.