AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, contruction has begun! Time to get the cable I need...but I was wondering where the best place to get it is (cheapest basically :) ). I will need at least 500' of coax cable (RG56?) to double run to each room in this basement / theater remodel for video distribution and satellite. I will also need bout 500+ feet of CAT5 for networking, IR, and telephone. Then I will also need about 35' of component, composite, audio, and maybe VGA cable. Where would you guys suggest getting this cable? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Rg6 and Cat5e at Home Depot. VGA at pccables.com. Component at a2zcables.com

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Many consider Belden or Canare the way to go. Great performance and quality at a reasonable price. No. It is not going to be .15/ft but not 'premium' priced either. Look at the specs closely. Especially capacitance/ft and to a lesser extent, velocity of propogation. There IS a difference especially if using long runs. Definitely go with RG6. May also want to check out Gepco.

For Cat5, Home Depot is competitive for a brick and mortar purchase. Otherwise, check out Markertek or any of the other electronics houses online.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan JM
Great, thanks.

Do you think the premium grade cables will make a noticible difference from the standard grade ones? ( www.a2zcables.com )
I went with the premium grade Canare breakout cable. Others have used the lower one, but have complained that the RCA connectors are not snug and of good quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.