AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a new HT room, and I would love to have an in-wall (recessed) cabinet for the equipment. Nothing fancy, just hoping to spend no more than $300. I envision a black frame surrounding the cabinet, and the whole thing recessed in the wall. I can recess as much as I want, because this wall backs to unfinished area...

Anyone know ehere to buy this? Do not want to build.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm looking for something like this ...

I realize that was custom built...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
If you want shelving like that, I would say get some wood and build it. If you are starting from stratch, it shouldn't be too tough. This guy obviously just put some shelves in and then trimmed it.

You could contact a cabinet builder. Is this a finished or unfinished room?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I agree if that is what you want very easy build. but include ventilation especailly if you plan to cover the front with anything, as it is the solid shelves will cause heat build up there even with the front open. If you do build with solid shelves leave a good chunk of space at the back of each shelf, in other words don't bring the shelf all the way back leave as much room as you can there for cirulation and cords.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.