Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I moved into a home with an oval dish with just the 2 LNBs. I've had a Hughes E86 for about 6 months but in anticipation of possible new HD channels, would like to get the Sat-C kit installed without having to get stuck in another one year contract with DirecTV.

Is it possible to get the SatC kit from vendors other than DirecTV? Do local antenna installers possibly also carry this? What would be a going rate to get one of these puppies installed if I were able to get one? Or does DirecTV possibly sell them cheap with installs without requiring a contract?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Well if you search Yahoo shopping theres alot of places that show them from $20.00-30.00 I bought one from one of those places a year ago.

Is there a reason that you wouldnt want to install it yourself.... like the dish being somewhere you dont want to climb to? Cause it really is otherwise simple to install.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You should be able to get the SAT C kit at your local Best Buy, Circuit City or other "big box" electronic stores that sell Directv hardware. They probably also have installers that could do the upgrade for you if you don't want to do it yourself. I would also think that any antenna company that does Directv dish installations will also be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can still get the Sat C kit from Directv for just the cost of shipping (around $8 to $9) if you are persistent enough! Just keep calling them and ask for "Customer Retention". It took me 3 times yesterday before I was finally transfered to them, but it paid off. They said that my kit should be here in 3 to 5 days!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.