AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a B-Stock HW55ES and the receipt says open box-demo even though nothing had ever been unwrapped. 0 hours on the projector, static wrap still on it, all accessories still sealed, but because of the open box-demo on the receipt MACK will not warranty it. It has a 3 year warranty, but I would like something like the MACK projector/bulb warranty.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I saw that thread, but it was for the MACK Warranty which will not give me a warranty when the receipt says open box/demo.

Square Trade always pops up for EBay purchases, will see if they will cover a projector outside of EBay and if bulbs are covered.
Sorry didn't realize Mack had that limitation

I don't know about bulbs, but my understanding is they will cover you projector within a given timeframe after purchase

Here's a company to look into
http://www.projectorpeople.com/accessories/warrantech_serviceplan.asp

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
I bought a B-Stock HW55ES and the receipt says open box-demo even though nothing had ever been unwrapped. 0 hours on the projector, static wrap still on it, all accessories still sealed, but because of the open box-demo on the receipt MACK will not warranty it. It has a 3 year warranty, but I would like something like the MACK projector/bulb warranty.
With a 3-year Sony warranty, why are you looking for an additional one?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With a 3-year Sony warranty, why are you looking for an additional one?
The MACK Warranty is an extension to the original warranty. I had a 5 yr projector/bulb warranty on my SONY VPL-VW40 which sadly only had a 1 year warranty so I was extended to 6 years and up to two bulb replacements. I never actually had to use it and it is still running strong on the original bulb.

I cannot get a MACK Warranty so looking for another extended warranty that is similar to theirs. I would rather have the warranty than not have it. I used my VPL-VW40 for 7 years before deciding I wanted 3D and I expect to use my HW55ES for a similar length of time and 3 years is not enough.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Do you happen to know if they warranty only what they sell, or if they do extended warranties on items purchased from other vendors?
The warranties are from Warrantech, if you google their name you'll see they offer through other outlets. It would appear the page I linked is for projector's purchased through their site, but they appear the warranty company sells them through others too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts