AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try some local office equipment reapir or cubicle refurbishing shops. Here in Minnesota, I was able to get GOM shipped directly to me through one of these shops for $12/yard including shipping. Register on the GOM website and they'll send you free samples to look at.

DougK

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Does anyone know if Silent Source would send out free swatches? I will need GOM fabric for my HT, but I would certainly like to actually see the fabric before ordering!

The samples shown on the website are ok, but I'm sure there could be quite a difference with the real thing!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just go to the Guilford of Maine website and register and you can request fabric samples. They're free and they ship them free. They send you about a 8" x 10" sample.

DougK

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
I was leary of doing that since it specifically stated on their website that they do not sell to the general public.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tomlin
I was leary of doing that since it specifically stated on their website that they do not sell to the general public.
Rob,

Fear not, they seem happy to help. When I put in a request for some samples I inadvertently requested like 6 samples of each style.

The next day I got a call from a very nice woman named Karen at GOM inquiring as to why I might need so many duplicate samples. After explaining that it was an error, we talked for several minutes about my project. I explained that it was a DIY home theater and my wife and I were starting to look at various fabrics for the wall coverings. She asked me what colors we were looking at, the style of the theater and the style of the rest of our home and then offered to put together some complimenting samples for us to take a look at! A couple of days later I received not only the specific samples I had requested, but also about two dozen more that Karen picked out.

I was very hesitant myself to contact them directly at first thinking they might not be willing (or set up) to deal directly with end-users. My conversation with Karen not only changed my mind but insured that GOM would be getting my business.

Just another example of excellent customer service in the HT industry.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Thats great Chip! Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.