AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have finally decised on a projector, the Panasonic AE-100.

My question is this: where can I purchase this unit and what price should I expect to pay.

I have searched the forum and only found it for as at **********, and this unit is the Japanese version TH-AE100 not the PT-AE100.

Is there a difference in these units? I don't really have a problem ordering from overseas, as long as I know it will function properly once I receive it.

I mean for the price I don't think one can go wrong with this unit.

THank for the input.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered mine from there and got it in 2 days, excellent service and a perfect product. I love the AE-100, shipped via DHL and insured in a double box(highly recommend).

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Please do me a favor, do not post where to buy a projector on this forum.

This is a loaded question that starts a frenzy from dealers jumping on board and that is against the rules.

There is an abundance of information on the net and on this forum readily available for free. Just do a search and look it up.

This same question is posted on this forum almost on a daily basis regarding the same projectors and it is getting old.

Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Alan.

Didn't mean to start trouble, it was just that I could find a domestic dealer to purchase from and what curious if the overseas option was viable.

Please feel free to delete this post due to my indiscretion.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Just so you know, there are no gurantees from order over seas. If it shows up broken, it is a warranty claim.

Alan, does AVS plan on selling this projector once it hits the US? You would probably get a lot of nice powerbuy orders :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pultzar
Alan, does AVS plan on selling this projector once it hits the US? You would probably get a lot of nice powerbuy orders :)
Out of curiousity, are you implying that this projector is not already available in the US? Where is everybody getting them from? Surely not all are coming from Japan.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mikef,

not only is the pj not available in the US (allthough at least one dealer has no problems taking orders on it *grin*) It is rumored that when it does come it will have very limited quantities. I think this is not an issue for canada.

I would have felt a lot better about purchasing this pj through avs, ordering from japan was definitelly what I liked less going into this purchase, I figured it was worth the gamble since it was so little money. If I could have bought it here in the low 2k range I would have been a lot happier.

kev

·
Registered
571 Posts
I agree, I don't think this is an issue with Canada (which is why I replied out of curiousity). I emailed Panasonic Canada today about local dealers of this projector and they happily obliged stating that certain dealers have recently been shipped stock.

Unfortunately, none of these dealers' asking price for this projector come close to the price of a particular Far East dealer.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi Wolf Man,

I have a link for Canada, if you want to pm me. Not sure on pricing, you e-mail them requesting a quote. If you're American, specify $$USD on the quote.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Idea:

AVS partners with Kwon (or someone else)in importing these. He gets a representative stateside and AVS gets a corner on the market.

Of course, they might just be happy with him as a sponsor of the forum...

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Namlemez
AVS partners with Kwon (or someone else)in importing these. He gets a representative stateside and AVS gets a corner on the market.
By doing that, AVS would become a gray importer and incur the wrath of Panasonic US. No can do.

Apart from that, as you can get an LC75U for $2200 now, in my opinion there is little reason to pay $2000 for an AE100.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.