AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for opinions on the best place to put an equipment rack. I have a few options for in-wall locations or stand-alone. If stand-alone, I'm looking at something like an MA RCS-2724, OmniMount RE27 or a Sanus CFR2127.

Front of room options:
  1. In-wall - About one foot to the left of the screen. This is where the blue tape is in the attached pic. The other side of this wall is a bedroom closet so pretty easy to install if I go this route. My concern is that it's so close to the screen that any lights shining from equipment will be distracting.
  2. Stand-alone - In the same general area but a little further to the left about where the current A/V stand is now. This is just far enough to the left of the screen that the equipment lights aren't really distracting. A dedicated 20A circuit and all cabling is pretty much already here.
Back of room options:
  • Stand-alone - This would sit in the corner where the blue scratching post is in the attached pic. This would remove any chance of seeing distracting equipment lights and also clean up the front screen area. I'd need to relocate power and cabling for this one; not a huge task but still more effort involved than keeping it at the front of the room.
  • In-wall - Same area as the stand-alone but I'd need to build two walls to enclose the area first. Obviously, this would require a ton more effort than the other two options but I'm ok with that if we deem it "worth it."
I can't say which one I'm leaning towards because it literally changes every time I start thinking about it (and it's driving me crazy!)

Opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'd put it in the back of the room rather than the front. I have a Sanus stand alone rack, but now that I think about it I should've saved the money and just built my own. I used to have it in the front for line of sight, but it's much better using an IR repeater and keeping the lights out of view while watching the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts