AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the beginning stages of looking into a Plasma for the bedroom. Time to upgrade the 13yr old 27" tube. I'd like to see the new Panasonic EDTVs and HDTVs and decide if it is worth spending the extra $1500 for the higher end model. Can anyone recommend a dealer to see both of these in Los Angeles County? Any opinions on whether the HDTV model is worth the extra money. I do not have HDTV right now. Only DirecTV and DVDs. I may consider getting HDTV sometime next year.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
If there's a Magnolia Audio Video (formerly HiFi) in LA, they might have em side by side. They do here in Seattle at both stores that I went to when I was shopping for my panel.

I ended up getting the ED panel and saving the $$$ over the HD one. I demo'd em both side by side, viewing a very nice HD feed (HDNET), and while the HD pq was a better (esp up close), the ED quality was amazing.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
85 Posts
Magnolias are starting to pop up in socal. i know of one store in santa monica that is open. don't know exactly where......i'm sure you can look it up somewhere. hence, i cannot confirm/deny the presence of these two panny displays side by side.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Fry's in Manhattan Beach at Sepulveda and Roscran.

Ken Cranes outlet in Hawthorne and Westwood on Pico.

They have a nice HD setup. Panny 42 SD and HD.

New model Panny 42" HD coming soon.

BB and CC in LA are starting to show new Panny Plasma's.

If you want to buy. Print out the J&R Music price. Really low.

Price match or bust.

Bring your favorite DVD.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Howard's in Laguna Hills/Mission Viejo might have a setup (I say "might" because when I was in there a couple weekends ago, they still had last year's models, albeit both ED and HD). Major drawback is that the sales guy said that he was unable to change the source, so you can't bring your own DVD, watch a DVD, watch SD, or watch anything except for whatever HD loop (or possibly ESPN HD) that the store has tuned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Magnolia in Santa Monica is on Wilshire near 20th St. Really nice setup there. Also a number of high end A/V retailers in the same neighborhood, Wilshire in SM, any number of which will have plasmas on display.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.