AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting in-walls for the left/right and center channel. Most plasma applications I've seen have the left and right channels mounted beside the plasma, with the center channel either above or below the plasma itself.

My center channel is going to go below the plasma in my setup.

I think I'm going to put my left and right speakers at the exact same height as the center channel speaker.

What do you think? All 3 the same height or place the left/right beside the plamsa?

·
Registered
981 Posts
It's not enough difference to really matter, most likely. You're tlaking about 18 inches, right? Though you want all 3 speakers on the same horizontal plane, you also ideally want the left and right at the same height as the tv. Obviously you have to compromise one of the two. I prefer the look of the speakers in line with the plasma. But ypur preference is equally valid.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Ron's got the right idea... my preference is to try to get the speakers at the height your ears are at from your normal viewing position, and to mount the center channel aimed (tilted) towards the same plane if it'll be above or below it. Rear surround speakers (#6 & #7 on a 7.1 system) should go 2-3 feet above that plane.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.